Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for coordination and implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources. The Human Resources Generalist is also responsible for maintaining an employee-focused culture that results in high-performance, empowerment, setting and reaching goals, and overall quality in BBC workforce. The Human Resources Generalist also supports their peers offering guidance and modeling leadership. This is a full time position and considered nonexempt under FLSA. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities. The Human Resources Generalist reports to the HR Manager.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all organizational, local, state, and federal licensing and training requirements.
- Must be proficient in working with Microsoft office applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have an associate’s degree in human resources/business/other related program, or a minimum of three years of related and verifiable experience.
- Experience in the practice of maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Must have or be willing to get Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, and ABILITIES:
Preferred Candidates will have proven success in the following:
- Software and/or technological proficiency as it relates to the position
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and presentation if applicable)
- Leadership in problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well with others who have diverse opinions
- The ability to exercise tact and handle information that is confidential, sensitive or controversial
- Strong organizational habits
- The ability to work and plan independently with often remote, but supportive supervision
- Customer focus
- Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
- Champion for change, coaching, and teamwork
- Technical or profession expertise/experience
- General knowledge or specialized training in HR practices.
- Experience in the administration of recruiting programs, benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (The requirements listed below are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, or responsibilities associated with this job.):
- Facilitates the recruiting process for all open positions using the established recruiting and hiring practices and procedures in place to ensure BBC maintains a superior workforce.
- Reviews resumes and application to screen for minimum qualifications
- Conducts interviews when assigned
- Created and maintains employee files and records
- Administrates/and updates employee data in the HRIS ensuring accuracy and timely adjustments/updates
- Administrates benefits continually, and schedules periodic benefits orientations and other benefits training
- Assists with the administration of employee performance/development programs
- Assists with in-house training to include but not limited to orientation, onboarding, management development, cross training, and transfers
- Monitors and records employee’s attendance and advises managers and supervisors of issues.
- Assists and advises company managers about Human Resources practices and issues
- Prepares regular and periodic reports and gathers data as requested
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policy, Human Resources practices, and governmental laws and regulations.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements
- Assists with departmental and company-wide initiatives including but not limited to process improvement, succession planning, employee retention programs, employee satisfaction surveys, customer satisfaction measures, and overall change management.
- Helps to monitor BBC’s culture so that it continues to support organizational goals and directives.
- Address issues that arise in a manner that adheres to BBC policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure that all organizational, local, state and federal program guideline are being met and followed.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Attend required and assigned staff meeting and trainings.
- Maintain and promote positive relationships with coworkers, customers, vendors, and others.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks outside of home department.
- Participate on cross- functional teams.
- Advise appropriate supervisor/manager/director of any issues to ensure efficient operations, and excellent service to all customers.
- Perform and complete unplanned duties/activities, or other assignments as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist's job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is required to sit for long periods, occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 30 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud. Exposure to second hand smoke.
Under Federal Law, all qualified Indian applicants will receive preference over non-Indian applicants. In the absence of qualified Indian applicants, consideration will be given to applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or veteran status, the presence of non-related medical condition or handicap, or other legally protected status. BBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.